Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The One With the One Act Play



During the months of December and January my life was full. Full of things I love. I love drama. I love directing. I love teenagers. I love hanging out with my kids. With One Act Play I got to do all of these things. I have the privilege of directing the One Act Play at Princeton High School. I get to do something that I'm passionate about, plus I get to do it with one of my kids!

Austin is a freshman this year. Even though he is homeschooled he is allowed to participate in extra-curricular activities through the public school. It has been such a fun experience for him to get to know the kids at the high school and to have fun acting in plays.

The play I chose this year is "Check Please". It is about a series of blind dates that end up badly. Austin played dual roles. He played the part of a man who appeared to be the perfect date until it was revealed that he was married. For that, he got a glass of water in the face! He also played the part of a sleazy overly-romantic guy. His costume was complete with silk shirt and lots of bling.

One Act Play is a competition event. We performed at our Mississippi 8 conference festival and were one of the 3 starred performances out of 9. Our journey ended at the 7AA subsections. It was an amazing experience to work with such a talented cast. I will miss working with them and look forward to next December when we start working on another production.

No comments:

Post a Comment