Thursday, October 28, 2010

The One With the Cousins






Family is one of the few constants we have in life. Cousins are an important part of family life. Mark and I both grew up with dozens of cousins. I have such happy memories of racing around my grandma's house with my cousins. My kids also have fun with their cousins. Instead of dozens of cousins, they have only four. A total of four.

Thankfully the cousins make up in quality what they lack in quantity. Alex and Brittany are 17 and 14. Noah and Austin have fun playing with them on a peer level. They have fun browsing Facebook together, or shooting each other with airsoft guns. When we went on a family cruise, they had a blast exploring the ship together.

Johnny and Sophie are 3 and 1.5. Austin and Noah are very entertained by their antics. Even though there is a spread in age, Noah loves entertaining Johnny and being the "big kid" around him. They both like to just watch little Sophie. She's just so darn adorable that they laugh at anything she does.

We love our family!

4 comments:

  1. You cannot post that picture of interesting looking sand stuff and not tell us what it is!! Is that moon sand??? Some homemade concoction??? What is in that bucket? It looks so fun!!! Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! It's actually a rice table that I made for my nephew. I colored rice and macaroni with food coloring and put it in a bin with a few toys. Great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a better idea than Moon Sand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally getting back her to check if you answered me - that is a great idea!! I have macaroni, and rice, and food coloring. Now to pick up a tub and make such a thing. I know my boys will love it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete